Friday, May 28, 2010

Phil Read is awesome

Honestly - or at least today - I mean that.
Part of the glorious job of book writing is updating all 231 sample Revit files we include with the book for the reader's general edification. That is Open > Save > Close. Rinse. Wash. Repeat. It's kinda boring and took me a couple glasses of wine to complete.

In that process, I came across the image below which is what you see when you open one of the several files Phil included in his chapter on stairs and railings. If you don't get it, he created monorails and elevated train cars using stair railings. Did you get that? With stair railings.

I am so freakin' beyond impressed. I might actually read that chapter.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, I'm impressed. Very nice Phil...

Anonymous said...

Phil's stuff is always glorious, and usually pretty damn educational too.

But props to you for upgrading the sample files. This is one of those small things that is just nice when it is done, but really lousy when not. I wish Autodesk took as much care as you guys.

Thanks! And looking forward to the book. Even if it isn't on the iPad! ;)

Gordon