Sunday, May 2, 2010

Dining By Design

This weekend we (Angiela and I - not Phil, James and I) were fortunate enough to be invited to the table of a dear friend, Kristopher Dabner, at Kansas City's annual DIFFA, Dining By Design event. DIFFA (Design Industries Foundation Fighting Aids) is an annual event across the country and is one the largest supports of direct care for people living with HIV/AIDS.
The event gathers area designers for dinner, drinks, and of course, design - all for a great cause. If you've never been, one of the key features of the dinner is the table designs. If you choose to purchase a table, you also need to direct it's layout, design, and setting. As you can imagine, with a room full of designers these table settings range from simple and elegant to over the top and completely opulent. Great cause, great dinner. Check out some of the table settings here in KC. It would be a little unsettling (but totally cool) to dine under the collage of plastic chairs.....

1 comment:

historypak said...

Great info! I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have. buying leather sofa