Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Book signing – without the book!

stl-mock-signing

While visiting HOK’s St. Louis office this week, I was surprised to see a board out in our public area announcing a “book signing.” The main problems – the book hasn’t been published yet and I was in meetings all day long for two days. Now…if I was able to attend this mock signing, I’m not sure what I’d actually be autographing; however, I hope I get another chance to have a meet-and-greet in other offices.

The intention was noble and free pastries are always appreciated by the staff!  As it turns out, even Gyo Obata was eager to discuss the upcoming book with me. Hopefully, this is the first sign of fun times ahead of us.

By the way, we finally have a new cover design for Mastering Autodesk Revit Architecture 2011. Check it out on our Facebook page.

8 comments:

Blue Jay said...

Okay, now I'm offended. The Ontario Revit Users Group invited you for a special book signing launch event in Toronto (hotbed of Revit). We feel snubbed. So, when the book actually comes out, you owe us!

Please change the black background with white text! I would love to read your blog for more than a few minutes but my eyes go buggy.

Phil Read said...

Sorry - Eddy say's that black backgrounds emit less C02. Whatever. Trees love CO2. Eddy hates trees.

James Van said...

Jay, was that a mock invitation as well? ;-) Cuz I didn't get it! I'd be happy to take a trip up to Toronto and disguise it as an HOK office visit. muhahahahaha!

Blue Jay said...

Come to ORUG or I'll kill a tree. Oh, too late your best selling book will already do that. That is, unless I read it on a petrolium based, coal burning IPad...ON THE MOON!

Blue Jay said...

Oh, you're coming. I take it back.

Blue Jay said...

send me an email..jpolding@cadmicro.com

Eddy Krygiel said...

ok, ok, ok. Color change!!

quit your whining.

PS. white is more reflective. it saves trees through not forming a laptop-heat island effect. it's also LEED credit ID8.2

Blue Jay said...

Wow. Thanks. Nice LEED tie-in.