Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy (cold) New Year

I don't know about many of you, but it's been a pretty cold New Year here in Kansas City. The current temp here is a whopping 3 degrees (F). It's unseasonably cold and from the weather forecast, it looks like it's going to stay this way for the foreseeable future. While sitting around over the holidays catching up on my sleep, I found a great blog written by a NY Times editor. It's called Dot Earth. They talk about all of those things that only 66% of bloggers on this blog actually believe in: Global Warming. The author just did a great piece on arctic air temperatures, their trends over the past 50 years and how this is looking like it will be the coldest winter on record. See that little blue dot at the bottom right? That's us in 2010.

While I've been unable to confirm it, I'm positive that Phil got a copy of 'Going Rogue' for christmas so I had to get my 'hippie tree hugging' plug in first.

Update: Hundreds protest global warming in the midwest:

No comments: