Monday, January 4, 2010

AU - the numbers are in

A warm thanks on a cold day to all of you who attended my class on Daylighting at AU. An even warmer thanks to those who helped to vote it into the top 100 classes at AU in 2009. I am sure it was for my avante guard presentation techniques and my use of parametric sock puppets to demonstrate what good daylighting design can do using 3ds Max.
For those of you who missed it, there's a handy link on this blog to the webcast for the class as well as for Phil's on stairs and the use of Revit in the movie industry.
And for those of you who missed AU entirely, make your plugs now to attend next year, but get in shape first. After 3 days of walking, I broke down and bought this iPhone app to calculate my steps. I felt like I'd been walking miles. I tracked the steps one day from my hotel room door (the hotel at the conference) to the conference hall.
That's 957 steps, door to door. If you can't see it, that's also 0.45 miles. one way. That is also without ever setting foot outside.

No comments: