Sunday, November 8, 2009

"There's A Lady Who's Sure...."

Can't stop tweaking the "Insanely Great Stairs and Railings with Autodesk® Revit®" AU2009 session. It's the same every year - and at the end of AU I tell myself that next year it'll be different - that next year I'll really finish early for once.

But then I decide to change this one little thing...nothing else...just this one thing. Oh - and this other thing...but nothing else. Well - except for this other thing. Okay that's all no more changes. Actually, I should change this one final detail....And so it goes till I've reworked 30+ pages of documentation for one session with just a month before AU.

Anyway - here's some recently created stairs and renderings in Revit. Look closely and you'll notice that the edges of the treads are actually curved. This can't be done with the OOTB stair tool. But a bit of hacking actually makes it pretty easy.

In the next image - you'll notice there's a fairly complex support element. This is a pretty common feature in historic stairs, and this particular instance was modeled after photographs of an access stair in a lighthouse. Again - all OOTB Revit - just not the stair tool. It's an interesting technique or two that I'll be discussion during the presentation.

Finally - I need to pick a location for the "1st Annual Meeting of "The Order of the Drunken Leprechaun" at AU 2009. Suggestions welcome. Yes, the latest iteration of the Ribbon is a move in the right direction. But it's still a good excuse get together with friends and remember the good times!

Don't forget to wear a t-shirt. And if you happen to be wearing a very particular t-shirt (order information here) then I'll be buying your first round.

And don't worry - exceptions will be made for those in the Factory that own t-shirts but know better to wear them in public. I know who you are so just show up and deny you have one. Except for you-know-who. I'm really hoping he'll show up wearing his t-shirt and have a laugh and a beer with the most passionate of his Revit users!

See you at AU!

No comments: