Monday, November 9, 2009

One Reason Not To Hack Your iPhone

I know Phil loathes AT&T and has given up rights to his first born for allegiance to T-mobile. Personally, I'm a bit more carrier neutral, but I do like my iPhone. Apparently, for those who have jailbroken their phones, there's the first virus appearing that exploits those hacked phones. According to posts:

....a harmless exploit that simply changes the user's iPhone background to an image of singer Rick Astley...

which is already very close to my current iphone background:



Update (Phil): If you've unlocked your iPhone and haven't reset the default password head over to Cult of Mac for a quick step-by-step. Only necessary if you've installed SSH.

4 comments:

Phil Read said...

I call BS. This will only happen if you have SSH installed and don't change the default username/password.

Gees people. Same goes for you computer. Or car keys.

You're spreading FUD (same goes for your global cooling...no...global warming...no...climate change religion.

But I'm okay with that if it keeps the page counts high. :)

Eddy Krygiel said...

while it equals sloppy use, there are a lot of people who don't change their passwords or lock their front doors. All of Canada for instance. Clearly it has infected some people.

Eddy Krygiel said...

I wonder what percentage of comments on this blog come from sparing blog authors?

Christopher Hubbard said...

Here is my question?

Why does one need to go to such lenghts to unlock your phone? I unlocked mine one month after I got it and AT&T told me how to do it.

Bow down to Pope Steve I now and kiss his Apple ring.