Friday, January 14, 2011

Friday Reprieve #28


Sustainability, meet religion. Religion, meet sustainability.

I grew up with italian catholics in St. Louis. That meant to me, that I did several things in life that I just thought everyone did:
- play soccer as a child
- eat fried ravioli
- bury a statue of St. Joseph head down in the front yard when you're trying to sell a house

This last one - I have no idea where that tradition began, but as a kid, I always wondered how many statues I'd find in the front yards of older homes if I was able to dig it all up. I mean, what happened to olde Joe? Did people just leave him there? It was all a bit odd to me.

Fortunately, I can now solve that problem and relieve any guilt I might have of permanently leaving a saint in my front yard. Meet Eco Joe - the biodegradable, earth-friendly St. Joseph meant to sell your home, then quietly decompose.
Bury one of these buddies in your yard, pop that sign in, and you can casually enjoy the rest of your weekend drinking Bush beer and eating fried raviolis on the Hill.

2 comments:

Noah Harburger said...

As a St. Louis Ex. Pat, I thought this was hilarious!

Unknown said...

I can only imagine how many of these could have been buried in my hometown of Youngstown, Ohio....too funny, great find.

Thanks for the Friday humor!