Saturday, March 13, 2010

Chapter 15 - Family Editor

Mastering Revit 2011 is coming along nicely. Once of the things that will make creating complex geometry really easy is to approach it as sculpture that is subtractive (carving) rather than additive (casting). The results can be surprisingly interesting and complex.

More to follow. But it'll cost ya. ;)

Speaking of which, got an email this week from an architectural intern trying to learn Revit and needing some stair and railing tutorials, content, etc.
A few emails back and forth. Happy intern! Thanks for the stuff!
What firm, I wondered?
Oh - that firm? I know a few people there. Do you know so an so?
No? That's interesting. Especially since I'd worked with that person and the firm and they've been using Revit on fairly complex projects for a few years now.

So Google.
But it turns out they've not worked there for years.

Turns out they're actually an Architectural professor.

Seriously dude. I like helping people. I'd have offered to help more. Loads of Revit files and images and parametric family content stuff. I really like your college. Would've gladly dropped by at your convenience. Grab a beer.

Just don't data mine me like a struggling intern.

And if you're going to use this stuff in your class - that's cool. Just be honest. Just ask. Maybe give some credit. Twitterblogemailshoutout.

Se comprendre?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Phil, if you're ever in LA. Drop by my class. I'd love to have you guest lecture.

SB