Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Hallo

A short 'Hallo' to anyone bothering to take the time to read a blog. And a 'thanks' for caring. Phil was kind enough to open editorial control up to me to help him in his mission to express non-conformist viewpoints about internet access, dislike of warm beer and, of course, SouthPark.

'Why Eddy?' you might be asking yourself. 'Who is that bloke?'

A bit about me: Father of 2 girls. Architect for 13 years. LEED AP. Author of 7 titles on Revit ( Intro | Mastering | Green). I don't own a television. I believe Floyd Landis and I can't explain why. I'm finishing a house which will hopefully be the first Gold LEED home in KC for $120 / sq ft.

How is that different from Phil's vast expertise and what does that have to do with South Park?

Who really knows.

If your glass is 1/2 empty: I'm a fussy architect made more fussy with the fact that I believe global warming is real and I want to make more resources than I use and I somehow think that's possible through BIM. And I've got mono-scopic vision, so I can only see 1/2 of what's coming.

If your glass is 1/2 full: I'm the black to Phil's white, the Milli to his Vanilli, the Al Gore to his Sarah Palin. Or I've got incriminating photos of him, which is how I got this gig. Take your pick. And to those of you who emailed me already asking about this blog, the Wonder Twins are here.

Finally, the real question you should be asking (to quote a former architecture professor of mine) "It's not whether your glass is 1/2 empty or 1/2 full. What really matters is if it's refillable."

And I think that says it all.

Or at least, it's a start.

No comments: