Wednesday, February 23, 2011

She's Not Evil

So I'm trying to install Revit on a new Parallels VM but the dang thing won't recognize the DVD player on OSX. And I really need this install domino to tip over in order to allow a lot of other amazing and really cool stuff to happen.

Meanwhile, we're having some landscaping done in the back yard. This involves bringing in some dirt, some rocks and a bobcat (the mechanical kind, smart-tard).

But moving of said dirt has thus caused there to be dust (we've not had rain in Charlotte for a few weeks). So this afternoon our neighbor...okay...the person that lives next to us...shows up at the front door to inform me that her house and car are "ruined" and demanding, "Who's going to take care of it? Who's going to pay for all of this!? Why should I pay for this!? I used to have really nice windows but now they're all ruined!"

I willingly admit, at this point there was a lot of parametric and bi-directional yelling.

But for the record, I did not say she was **evil**.

Update: This video has been removed at request of someone with a great deal of authority and ability to make my life quite miserable when I dare disobey a direct order. Details here.

In the place of the previous video I offer this flash back to yesteryear (with a twist). It's a FLAT TIRES Mystery Video! Who is the mysterious CAVE MAN!?

11 comments:

Sean said...

Try creating a iso of the DVD using Disk Utility. Then connect Parallels to the iso.

Don said...

Dude... she's nutz! Not just a little bit either

Phil Read said...

Thanks Sean. This was the eventual solution. Still don't know what the DVD wouldn't mount. For whatever reason it would show up in the VM as a mounted Z: drive.

Unknown said...

This is so Funny! Is that me in the Bobcat:) She even states it wasnt me that ran over the mulch it was the last guy. I will chuckle everytime I think about this.

Scott D Davis said...

she's not evil....she's PSYCHO! "My plants are DUSTY! and there's a wire!!!" Did she say something about burying the wire because of lightning?? So glad you got that on tape....and posted it!

Unknown said...

My favorite is "I don't take coupons from men."

RevitGarage said...

Once your landscaping is done, you need to invite the Flat Tires over for a backyard concert. She'd love that.

Unknown said...

Question: Did she know you were taping? Regardless, wicked awesome!

Luigi Coletta said...

Phil....Lightning catching the wire on fire????
Too funny...glad you recorded it!

Matt Stachoni said...

Well, she's nuts, clearly. But zounds, what a rack!

bill said...

This woman isn't concerned about her property. She's upset about something deeper going on in her life and the only coping mechanism she has is to lash out at others. Since she can't do that to her family she chose you. That's why she won't accept your attempts to resolve it b/c she doesn't want a resolution.

I would have simply refused to talk to her until she calmed herself. Then if she came on the property again I would call the police. Psychologically she would know that she had at that point lost all control and she would have retreated.